Roysia is a small middle school serving the whole of Royston and the surrounding villages. We provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment for pupils between the ages of 9 and 13 (school years 5 to 8).
We are privileged to work with young people, helping to develop their characters, support their interests, encourage their enthusiasms and guide their academic, physical, moral, social and spiritual growth. We intend to further an awareness of the essential role of education in the futures of our pupils and help them to become enthusiastic, independent and lifelong learners.
- To create an ethos in which children can develop self-discipline and respect for themselves and their environment
- To promote high academic standards
- To provide a happy and secure environment in which all pupils are eager to learn and develop their abilities and are able to make sound moral judgements
- To provide an environment which promotes high academic standards
- To ensure that our pupils realise their potential by making full use of their individual skills and abilities
- To prepare our pupils for their upper school careers and ensure that their progress through the three-tier system is smooth and continuous